Monday, April 16, 2012

FactNet's Privileged Elite

In addition to the privileges that have already been covered, such as being allowed two user names and to also misrepresent yourself to further hide your known identity as a regular user, for instance claiming to be a minister when you are an atheist, another perk for the FactNet elite: you can close a thread if you are losing the argument.
 Threads started by the "great unlearned" aren't closed, which invites the risk of others coming later after the thread dies down, to pick up the same argument again, perhaps with one faction missing, leading to the illusion that faction lost when they merely went to another topic, or in the case of the SC threads, all the supporters have quit or been banned.   

Dodge started a thread titled: Are Atheists More Intelligent than Theists?

But then he had his buddy "theadmin" close it, after it was found his sources included bigots and white supremists.  

I strongly suspect he was ego tripping more than usual on the day he started it. The really funny thing is, he's a Liberal and thus has to be confused, as Liberalism has been identified as a mental illness.

I suppose being the mind of a Liberal and a brilliant atheist at the same time is sort of like putting a humidifier and dehumidifier in the same room and turning them both on.

 Though I do not know if the following examples are in the book review I linked to, written by a veteran psychiatrist (it's a scientific study) they certainly help to show the Doctor is onto something:

Nancy Pelosi on the  Obamacare bill : "You have to pass the bill to see what's in it"

"I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. … When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway." --Joe Biden, regarding the spread of swine flu.

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number? I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed." –Joe Biden, referring to a government website.

"I have to confess that it's crossed my mind that you could not be a Republican and a Christian."-Hillary Clinton

Barack Obama: "I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?"

Howard Dean: "We know that no one person can succeed unless everybody else succeeds."

Rosie O'Donnell: "Don't fear the terrorists. They're mothers and fathers." 

I know Conservatives say dumb things too, but Conservatives and Christians don't start threads like: "Are Theists more intelligent than Atheists" and then base their case on very questionable and apparently un-vetted sources while insinuating they are superior intellectuals. Thanks goes to Shadowcat for uncovering the truth.

Though quick to make allusions to the mental state of their opponents, Liberal atheists like Dodge and his ilk treat absurdity as the new norm. When this is pointed out to them, they simply ignore you, due to the fact they just don't want to waste their time trying to explain their their brilliant logic to the mentally challenged. 

Certainly, in the troubled minds of the FactNet elite, one can presume it isn't their humidity index they should worry about. It's their humility index.

Though I suspect Dodge really isn't finished with the argument, if there is a part II, he will continue his cherry picking and slanting of the truth of the topic, ignoring the enumerable contributions to science and reasoning by, for instance, the Catholic Church.   



No comments:

Post a Comment